On the test, I will update the firmware of Sony Ericsson E15i Xperia X8 from Windows 7.
1) Download the archive with the Flashtool program and install it, we will flash it.
2) Download the archive with the firmware, for example, the last official one – E15i_2.1.1.A.0.6_Nordic and unpack it into the firmwares folder where Flashtool is located
3) Download drivers for firmware
4) Run FlashTool.exe or FlashTool64.exe depending on the operating system. In the program window, click on the lightning icon, select “Flashmode” and click “OK.” In the next window, select the downloaded firmware “X8 Shakira E15i …”, on the right, check only “Clear user data” and “Wape Cache”, and click “OK.”
5) We connect the switched off phone via USB with the “Back” key pressed (it is on the right). If the drivers are installed correctly, the firmware process will automatically start, we are waiting for its completion. When the message “Please unplug and start your phone” appears, disconnect the phone from the computer and turn it on.
That’s it, the firmware is installed.