I use the D-Link DGS-3612G switch as an example.Continue reading “Configuring PIM on D-Link Switches”
First make a copy of the configuration file on the tftp server:
backup startup-configuration to 192.168.1.100
To configure the PIM on the HP A5800 switch, connect to the switch via telnet and enter the following commands:
1) Enable the multicast routing switch and pim-sm in vlan 963 which comes from the provider.
system-view multicast routing-enable interface Vlan-interface 963 ip address 172.24.24.158 255.255.255.252 pim sm quit
2) Turn on pim-sm and igmp in vlan 964 on which IPTV will be broadcast to the local network.
interface Vlan-interface 964 ip address 172.25.25.25 255.255.192.0 pim sm igmp enable quit
3) We’ll assign the static ip from which the multicast is broadcast.
pim static-rp 10.0.200.200 quit
4) Add the route to ip from which the multicast is broadcast.
ip route-static 10.0.200.200 255.255.255.255 Vlan-interface963 172.24.24.157
5) Suppose that we accept multicast on vlan 963 tag.
interface Bridge-Aggregation1 port hybrid vlan 963 tagged
6) We will configure any free port for iptv verification and connect to it a computer for example with a playlist in the VLC player.
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/5 port access vlan 964
To test the health and diagnostics, you can use for example the following commands:
display pim interface display pim interface verbose display pim rp-info display pim bsr-info display pim neighbor display pim routing-table display igmp interface display pim control-message counters display pim claimed-route
Here is an example of configuring PIM on two MikroTik routers:
Let us configure the first MikroTik.
Add a pim interface and check:
routing pim interface add routing pim interface p
Add the IP address of RP (this MikroTik):
routing pim rp add address=IP-ADDRESS
Let’s specify from which IP multicast traffic is allowed:
routing pim interface set alternative-subnets=188.8.131.52/24,184.108.40.206/24
Let’s configure the second MikroTik.
Add a pim interface to the uplink WAN port, I have ether1:
routing pim interface add interface=ether1 routing pim interface p
Add the IP address of the RP (the first MikroTik):
routing pim rp add address=IP-АДРЕС
Let’s specify the route of the multicast source: (first MikroTik):
ip route add 220.127.116.11/24 via IP-АДРЕС