Once, after updating the i40e driver for Intel network adapters, I noticed that the names of the network interfaces had changed, and after rebooting the operating system, the names also periodically changed.Continue reading “Renaming Network Interfaces in Linux”
Category Archives: Linux
Installing and configuring BIRD (BGP)
For example, I will install BIRD on Ubuntu Server 20.04 and show an example of configuring BGP.
Taskset – bind process to CPU cores
By default, processes use all the processor cores, but sometimes it is necessary to release the 0 core, which is usually the most loaded, or assign some processes only to the second CPU, etc., in this case, taskset will help.Continue reading “Taskset – bind process to CPU cores”
Increase the port range net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range
There is a possibility that on a highly loaded server, such as a proxy or router, with a very large number of connections, free ports in the allocated range may run out, so you need to look at the current number used and, if necessary, increase the net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range value.Continue reading “Increase the port range net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range”
Clearing Loganalyzer History
In this article, I’ll show you how to clear outdated logs from Loganalyzer.Continue reading “Clearing Loganalyzer History”
Setting up BIRD logs
In this article, I will give examples of setting up logs in BIRD.
How to set up RPZ in Bind9 (site blocking)
In this article, I will give a simple example of setting up RPZ in Bind9.
RPZ (Response Policy Zone) allows you to block access to malicious and prohibited sites by domain name, IP address or network, block DNS servers.
ABillS log rotation
Since some ABillS log files gradually increased in size, I wrote a script to rotate these logs.Continue reading “ABillS log rotation”
Setting up a DNS zone in Bind9
In this article, I will give an example of adding a DNS zone to Bind9.Continue reading “Setting up a DNS zone in Bind9”
Phabricator error – Attempting to construct a query using a non-utf8 string when utf8 is expected
I once noticed in Phabricator that one of the repositories is constantly with the Importing status (99.93%) … And I found the following errors in the logs:Continue reading “Phabricator error – Attempting to construct a query using a non-utf8 string when utf8 is expected”